HONDA WIN BIG (OR SMALL) INSTANT WIN GAME & PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND D.C. (EXCLUDES AK AND HI), 18 YEARS OR OLDER WHO ENTER FROM WITHIN THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR D.C. ONLY.
1. HOW TO ENTER/PLAY:
A.) INSTANT WIN GAME: Beginning at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on April 1, 2013 through 11:59:59 pm ET on June 30, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"), visit www.littleleague.honda.com and follow the on-screen instructions to register (on first visit only) and play the Honda Win Big (Or Small) Instant Win Game ("Instant Win Game"). Instant Win prizes are randomly time-seeded throughout the Promotion Period and awarded to the first person who plays on or after the time a prize is randomly seeded. If you are the first person to play on or after the time a prize is randomly seeded, you will receive an instant win message stating the prize potentially won and instructions on how to redeem the prize, subject to compliance with the terms of these Official Rules and verification by Sponsor. Prizes are subject to verification. You may return to the Website to play each day during the Promotion Period; however there is a limit of one (1) game play per email address/person per day. Game plays from any email address or person in excess of the stated daily limitation will be void. Game plays generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. All materials submitted in connection with this promotion become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
B.) SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: You will automatically receive one entry into the Sweepstakes Drawing each time you play the Instant Win Game. Limit of one (1) entry per day per email address/person.
C.) TEAM DONATION: When you register for the Promotion, you will be given the option to nominate your Little League team for a $5,000 donation from Sponsor. The team that receives the most nominations at the end of the Promotion Period will receive the donation. There is a limit of one (1) nomination per person/email address during the entire Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. (excludes Alaska and Hawaii), who are 18 years of age or older and hold a valid U.S. drivers license as of the time of entry, except employees, officers, directors and agents of American Honda Motor Co., Inc, ("Sponsor"), Promotions.com, LLC ("Judges"), Rubin Postaer and Associates ("RPA"), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, wholesalers, distributors, printers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Promotion Parties"), and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether related or not related, who are not eligible to participate or win a prize in the promotion. Void in Alaska and Hawaii and where prohibited. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
3. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: Finalist Prize and First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about July 8, 2013 from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Judges. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by mail and/or phone and potential Finalist Prize winners must sign and return any required Affidavit and Release within seven (7) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. The return of any prizes/prize notifications as undeliverable may result in disqualification and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
GRAND PRIZE EVENT AND DRAWING: At the 2013 Little League World Series game on August 24, 2013 the Finalist Prize winners, as well as one (1) additional individual selected by Sponsor at the 2013 Little League World Series will be invited onto the field to participate in the grand prize event ("Grand Prize Event"). Each potential winner will randomly select one (1) of five (5) keys. Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to determine the order in which the individuals will select the keys. Each participant will attempt to start the car one by one, and the individual whose key successfully starts the car will be the potential Grand Prize winner and the Grand Prize Event will conclude. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor another Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received within seven (7) days of the Grand Prize Event, in order to claim the prize. If the potential Grand Prize winner fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period, he/she forfeits the prize. Up to three (3) alternate drawings will be held from among Grand Prize Event participants, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
4. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARVs"):
SWEEPSTAKES: Finalist Prize (4): A four (4) day/three (3) night trip for four (4) to the Little League World Series on August 22, 2013 to date August 25, 2013. Prize consists of roundtrip, coach class air transportation for four (4) from a major U.S. gateway airport near winner's residence to Williamsport, PA; four (4) days/three (3) nights hotel accommodations (one room, quadruple occupancy), four (4) tickets to attend Little League World Series game on Saturday, August 24, 2013; roundtrip ground transfers between airport/hotel and hotel/ballpark; and the opportunity for winner only to participate in an on-site event where five individuals will each be given a key and have a chance to start a Honda Odyssey ("Grand Prize Event"). Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Finalist Prize trip: $10,000.00. All federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Finalist Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of winners (including, without limitation, luggage fees, travel/personal/property insurance, additional ground transportation, and souvenirs), regardless of whether prize is redeemed in whole or in part. If Finalist Prize winners reside within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in prize value. Actual value of Finalist Prizes will depend on airfare fluctuations and may vary based on point of departure and destination. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Finalist Prize trips must be taken on August 22, 2013 to August 25 2013 or prize will automatically be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. No other travel dates are available. Each Finalist Prize winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Each Finalist Prize winner's guests must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the guest is the child/legal ward of the winner, and must sign and return a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is child or legal ward of winner, winner must execute and return all required documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by minor's parent or legal guardian. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent, on carrier of Sponsor's choice. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Travel must be roundtrip. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if Little League games are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Grand Prize winner at the time of notification. Prize winners and guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. First Prize (1): Radio controlled car. ARV: $374.
Grand Prize (1): 2013 Honda Odyssey Touring model. Features include Roof Rails, Cross Bars, Body Side Moldings, and Splash Guards. All prize details, including color and any other options, will be determined solely by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Winner is responsible for title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other fees associated with prize. Winner must take delivery of vehicle from the dealership designated by Sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Value ("MSRP") is $42,212. If you are selected as a Finalist Prize winner, the odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:5.
"WIN BIG" INSTANT WIN GAME PRIZES: Nine (9) Second Prizes: a Sponsor designated autographed baseball. ARV: $45. Three (3) Third Prizes: Apple pie delivered to winner's home. ARV: $35. Five (5) Fourth Prizes: Sponsor designated $25 pre-paid cash card. ARV: $25. Nine (9) Fifth Prizes: $25 sports equipment gift card. ARV: $25. Five (5) Sixth Prizes: $25 pre-paid gas card. ARV: $25. Seven (7) Seventh Prizes: Sponsor designated $25 gift card that may be used towards the purchase of tickets or sports merchandise. ARV: $25. Twenty (20) Eighth Prizes: Honda stadium blanket. ARV: $25. "WIN SMALL" INSTANT WIN GAME PRIZES: One hundred sixteen (116) Ninth Prizes: a fake mustache set. ARV: $2.25. One hundred (100) Tenth Prizes: a bag of peanuts. ARV: $2. Twenty five (25) Eleventh Prizes: Sponsor designated baseball cards. ARV: $2. One hundred (100) Twelfth Prizes: package of bubble gum. ARV: $1.15. Twenty five (25) Thirteenth Prizes: Camp Honda rubber ducky. ARV: $.50. Twenty five (25) Fourteenth Prizes: Camp Honda stadium cup. ARV: $.25. All persons that do not win one of the above described "Big" or "Small" Instant Win Prizes will receive one of the following items to be randomly determined by Sponsor, each of which has an ARV of $0.00: a downloadable MP3 file of a poorly-sung rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"; a downloadable jpeg file of a chewed piece of bubble gum; a downloadable jpeg file of a sweaty sock; a downloadable jpeg file of spit-out sunflower seeds; a Skype session with a Sponsor designated baseball mascot (who doesn't talk to you). Instant Win prizes are randomly time-seeded throughout the Promotion Period and awarded to the person who plays on or after the time the prize is randomly seeded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the order in which such entries are received. Total value of all prizes is $89,890.75. Limit one Finalist Prize per person/household, and limit one "Win Big" Instant Win Game prize per person. No substitutions, cash redemptions, or transfers of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes.
5. RELEASE: By participating, participants accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters. By participating, participants agree to release and hold Promotion Parties and Little League Baseball, Inc. harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the promotion or use or redemption of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
6. GENERAL RULES: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees to use winners' names, likenesses and biographical information for advertising and marketing and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or illegible mail or for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, stolen, inaccurate, damaged, undelivered or delayed entries or emails; or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion, or for any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, seeding or by any human error or otherwise which may occur in the programming of this promotion, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the promotion, the processing of game plays, entries or prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or in any promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the game. Promotion Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this promotion or downloading materials from or use of the web site. If, in the Judges' opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or technical difficulties compromise the integrity, security or proper play of the promotion, the Judges reserve the right to modify or terminate the promotion, at the Judges' sole discretion. If terminated, Judges may, at their discretion, award the prizes in a random drawing using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time of termination or in a manner otherwise deemed appropriate by the Judges. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning participant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Participants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any Participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register/play multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
7. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS ("JAMS Rules and Procedures") then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant's filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
8. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: These Official Rules and the Promotion are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 7 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the County of Los Angeles.
10. WINNERS' LIST: For the names of the Grand Prize winners, available after August 8, 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Honda Win Big (or small) Promotion - WL, P.O. Box 329, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests received after August 30, 2013 will not be honored.
SPONSOR: American Honda Motor Co., Inc., 1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90501